A proxy server is a dedicated computer or a software system running on a computer that acts as an intermediary between an endpoint device, such as a computer, and another server from which a user or client is requesting a service. The proxy server may exist on the same machine as a firewall server or it may be on a separate server, which forwards requests through the firewall.
- Open Internet Explorer and select “Tools” in the upper right corner of the screen.
- Select “Internet Options” in the dropdown menu.
- Select the “Connections” tab.
- Select the “LAN Settings” option.
- Uncheck “Use a proxy server for your LAN”.
- Select “OK” on LAN Settings to close.
- Select “OK” on Internet Options to close.
- Close Internet Explorer for the settings to take effect.Now you can reopen Internet Explorer and browse without the proxy server.