In here we have discussed the how-to and why you would update your operating system. It is just as important to update your Mac OS as updates are an important part of protecting your computer as they often fill holes that viruses and spyware can take advantage of. They also add new functionality to your computer and help it run smoother.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- An internet connection.
- A Mac running OS X
- Make sure you are connected to the internet. You can open Safari and simply surf to any website to verify this.
- Click on the “Apple Menu” at the top left screen and select “Software Update”
- Once the scan is complete some or all of the updates needing to be installed will need to be selected.
- Click on “Install”
- You may be prompted to click on “Agree or Disagree” on a popup window. Select Agree, sit back, and wait for all the updates to download and install.
- Some updates may require the computer to be restarted to take effect. If prompted, allow your computer to restart. (Just make sure to save anything you have been working on before you do this)
- Once your Mac has come back up, it’s time to rinse and repeat. Follow the steps above to ensure that your Mac is fully up to date.